Creating Abstract Art: Ideas and Inspirations for Passionate Art-Making
Celebrate your own nonconformist place in the world of art.
Going far beyond standard notions of developing an abstract “style” or particular “look,” Creating Abstract Art unleashes the numerous possibilities that abound in your creative subconscious. Familiar obstacles such as “I don’t know what to paint” or “How do I know if this is good?” are easily set aside as you explore fun exercises such as connecting dots, automatic drawing, shadow hunting, working with haiku poetry paintings and much more. So turn off the noise in your head, follow your own instincts and delight in what emerges!
- 40 exercises exploring original ideas and inventive techniques for making abstract art.
- Projects can be done in any order and with nearly any materials–start working right away on any project that grabs your attention!
- 50 contemporary artists share diverse work and viewpoints on the process of working abstractly.
Write your own artistic license and start Creating Abstract Artyour way, today!
- A creative & inspiring guide to abstract painting.
- Overcome the familiar obstacles of “I don’t know what to paint!” & “How do I know if this good?” with this
- North Light
- Colour Throughout